I finally got off my backside and made a new Dreamwidth backup via Blogbooker. The last time I did this was Oct 2011 - I have a single file PDF archive for 2005-Oct 2011, but no further.
Blogbooker costs, and I bought myself a subscription worth EITHER 24 PDFS over 1 year OR 4 hours of server time over 1 year.
- The dreamwidth simplified HTML protocols don't carry over. So anywhere where I haven't HARD CODED the paragraph breaks, it all appears as a single block. (Peculiarly, this is also the case for ifttt crossposts of poetry from tumblr, which I definitely do hard-code)
- Embedded images from goodreads, photbucket, tumblr (unless the URL is borked) all appear, but NOT images that are hosted on Dreamwidth (my ifttt crossposting imports the images to DW's image hosting service).
Have fun with that, future documentary historians!
Since part of the point of this was supposed to be saving the images, I'm now making the service do a separate PDF backup of my photo tumblr, which is probably a nicer way to save the images anyway.